viernes, 12 de septiembre de 2014

My favourite piece of art



Hello everybody! Today I´m going to talk about my favourite piece of art. Actually, I never thought about this topic… art is not my greatest passion, but if I have to think in my favourite piece of art I choose “The Creation of Adam”.
The Creation of Adam is a fresco that you can find in the Sistine Chapel, specifically in it´s ceiling. The artist that painted this fresco was Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti, he born in 1457 and died in 1564. He was an Italian painter, sculptor, architect, engineer and poet of the high renaissance.
Michelangelo created “the creation of Adam” around the years 1511 and 1512. This fresco illustrates the biblical narration creation of the book of genesis in which God breathes life to Adam.
I think that It´s cultural significance consist in that “The creation of Adam” is one of the most famous pieces of art of the Sistine Chapel and is one of the most well-known in the world, too! And because of this, many people have tried to find its meaning reaching as many hypotheses… like Michelangelo was a great connoisseur of the human anatomy.
I like this piece of art because I think that it´s beautiful and caught my attention the position in where is it… and the details of the fresco.

6 comentarios:

  1. I love it! I know this image that is of a movie that I hate, but is pretty awesome!

    http://elcine.mx/noticias/ilustracion-prometheus-la-miguel-angel

    ResponderBorrar
  2. This piece is a great work! I think that it is beautyfull!

    ResponderBorrar
  3. This is a beautiful piece of art! In that time the art was incredible, the artirst were fully dedicated to that, so they expended they hole life experimenting new techniques or increasing their own.

    ResponderBorrar
  4. Miguel angel is a artist wonderful !! I hope will know this chapel in the future :)

    See you

    ResponderBorrar
  5. Hi Maca!! this piece is wonderful, I love it!
    Michelangelo was a genius !!

    ResponderBorrar
  6. This painting is a classic! It must be fantastic go to Capilla Sixtina and able to contemplate it.

    ResponderBorrar